Elisabeth Elliot pass away a few weeks back (June 15th, 2015). She was one of the most influential Christian women of our time. For a half century, her best selling books, timeless teachings and courageous faith have influenced believers and seekers of Jesus Christ throughout the world.… Read the rest
Here are my own favourite confidence builders, gleaned from years of life and ministry experience:
1. SEE yourself as God sees you. Your words and actions are a reflection of how you see yourself. Therefore, you cannot constantly live and/or minister in a manner that is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.… Read the rest
Your confidence can grow.
What from? Here's a list that I collected from our recent staff meeting:
- Faith in God.
- Encouragement and affirmation from other people.
- Good preparation.
- Someone believing in you.
- The company we keep.
Your confidence will come under attack.
What from? Here's a list that I collected from a recent staff meeting as we all brain-stormed around our life and leadership experiences:
- Mistakes or failure.
- Criticism or negative words from other people.
The quality of confidence can be defined as: faith, belief, trust, assurance, certitude, being sure, undisturbed calm. It is a spirit of faith that is certain of success, yet not afraid of failure.
Every person used by God reaches their potential through confidence in God – despite difficulties, challenges and obstacles.… Read the rest
This week, we want to reflect on the area of confidence.
Let's start by reading and meditating on these statements from the pages of Scripture.
Ephesians 1:18. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called — his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.… Read the rest
Ten tips for supporting someone who is grieving:
• Offer practical support such as meals, shopping, gardening, errands, lifts, etc. especially in the early days.
• Accept that everyone grieves differently. Grief is a normal and natural response to loss but everyone grieves differently.… Read the rest
Right now, our vision as a church is to see over 10,000 stories of transformation. Recently, we have had a number of moving stories about individuals coming out of domesitc violence situations. These are people who once felt isolated, hopeless, and helpless. Now they feel cared for and looked after. These stories provide hope for anyone affected by domestic violence.… Read the rest
Some thoughts worth reflecting on:
- Could the best way to organise your stuff be to get rid of the heap of it?
I love these thoughts penned by the apostle Paul over 2,000 years ago:
Ephesians 2:8-10. God saved you by his a grace when you b believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it.… Read the rest