My good friends Alan and Deb Hirsch have recently written a book called Untamed that is definitely worth a read by every church leader and every Christian. As I talk around today, God seems to be re-emphasizing the need for discipleship.… Read the rest
A revised edition of my book Transforming Your Church has just been released. It has a new chapter, new and revised material in all other chapters, and five new appendices covering topics such as church governance, the role of the senior minister, women in leadership, and self care for church leaders.… Read the rest
Money … we handle it every day, whether in the form of cash, credit card, cheque or online transactions. It is important to stop and reflect on our view of money and the values that influence how we use it. Here are a few wise insights from a variety of people throughout history.
- "There are three conversions necessary for every person: the conversion of the heart, the mind, and the purse (wallet)." [Martin Luther]
- "If a person gets their attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area of their life." [Billy Graham]
- "Give me five minutes with a person's chequebook, and I will tell you where their heart is." [Billy Graham]
- "You're rich if you've had a meal today." [Billy Graham]
- "I shovel it out and God shovels it back, but God has a bigger shovel." [R.G.
Money … we handle it every day, whether in the form of cash, credit card, cheque or online transactions. It is important to stop and reflect on our view of money and the values that influence how we use it. Here are a few wise insights from God's Word worth thinking about …
Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the Lord your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today.… Read the rest
1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?… Read the rest