1 Peter 4:7-11. The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
The anticipation of the end and of Jesus Christ’s return should impact our attitudes, actions and relationships.
How should we live in the “end times”?
- Be clear minded. We are to be wise and have a clearly defined sense of purpose. Don’t allow confusion or fuzziness into your mind. Know what’s important and focus on it. Know what’s not important and avoid it.
- Be self-controlled.
- Love others deeply. Love covers a multitude of sins. Love forgives again and again.
- Be hospitable … and not just because you have to.
- Use your gifts (given you by God’s grace) to serve others.
- Serve with all your heart. Do your very best so that God may be praised and receive glory through you.
Now that's not just good advice; it's essential living for followers of Jesus Christ.