In many ways, love is like a language and there are a variety of love languages that we can use to communicate the love that’s in our heart for someone special.
Gary Chapman has written about five different love languages we can use to say ‘I love you’ to those special people in our world.
We can use:
- Encouraging words. Words have a powerful way of communicating love.
- Secondly, we can serve or help someone.
- Thirdly, we can give a gift that communicates love.
- Fourthly, we can spend time with someone and in doing so communicate our love for them.
- Fifthly, we can use appropriate physical touch.
It is important for us to realise that each of us give and receive love using one or more of those five love languages. Take the time to understand the love language of those around you (your family and friends) and then endeavour to communicate love to them in a language that they really understand. In doing so, they’ll sense the love that is in your heart.
Love Languages … Think about it.