I hope you had an enjoyable Father’s day a few weeks back. It’s a happy day for many people as we take time to thank and honor our dads. But not for all. Maybe you always wanted to be a dad but it hasn’t happened OR you had an absent or abusive father OR maybe you didn’t even know your dad. That can be hard. May you know God’s comfort and strength.
My dad is 91 years of age now and he grew up in a Salvation Army boys home, never knowing his dad or mum. That was incredibly difficult for him but after he married my mum he tried to be the dad he never had to my sister and me.
When our kids were little, when father’s or mother’s day came around one of them was bound to say, “When’s kids day??” Of course, I told them that every day was kid’s day. I love children – their sense of wonder, their frequent laughter, and even their mischievousness.
I thought today I would post a few funnies from the kids of this world … enjoy!
Kid’s Doctrine – taken straight from Sunday Schools around the world:
- “The first book of the Bible is the book of geniuses in which Adam and Eve were created from an apple tree.”
- “Noah’s wife’s name was Joan of Arc.”
- “Lot’s wife was a pillar of salt by day and a ball of fire by night.”
- “Samson slayed the Philipines with the axe of the apostles.”
- “Unleavened bread is bread that is made without ingredients.”
- ” Moses went to the top of Mount Sianide to get the 10 commandments and the seventh one is, ‘Thou shalt not admit adultery’.”
- “Solomon had 300 wives and 700 porcupines.”
- “Jesus was born because Mary had an immaculate contraption.”
- “The people who followed Jesus were the 12 decibels.”
- “The epistles were the wives of the apostles.”
- “A Christian should only have one wife. That’s called monotony.”