Okay, confession time … I have had a few clangers – or bloopers, as most people call them - in my life as a public speaker. These are embarrassing moments when you get your words mixed up or say something that has a different meaning than you intended.
Here are my Top 3 Bloopers - for your enjoyment:
- "The church is a living orgasm …" [instead of "… a living organism …"]
- "There were lots of people following Jebus, I mean Jesus …" [no comment necessary]
- "A man came and did some staff training for us a few years back. He had three balls. He took them out and started juggling them …" [no additional comment necessary]
Yes, these were very embarrassing moments!
Here are a few other bloopers that I have heard, made by other people (whose name I will protect):
- "… the diery farts of the wicked one …" [instead of "… the fiery darts of the wicked one …"]
- "… I was so tired and puffed out that I was grasping for breasts …" [instead of … "gasping for breath"]
- "… Lot was pinching his tits …" [Instead of "… pitching his tents." Click here to view the evidence]
How about you?
Have you heard any others?
I'd love to hear your comments … 🙂
P.S. For some church bulletin bloopers, click here.
P.S.S. For some 'prophetic bloopers', click here.