Here are a few questions you might want to think about today:
- Do you think life is becoming more stressful? If so, what are some of the indicators?
- Describe a time when you felt like you were ‘running on empty’. What did it feel like, what were some of the contributing factors, and what did you do about it?
- Discuss the concept of ‘margin’. Why is it important and how do we create it in our lives?
- What can we learn from the habits of Jesus? Read Luke 5:15-16 .
- Read Jeremiah 2:13 and think about its application for us today. Why is it so easy to neglect time with God?
- Think about a time you had alone with God that was personally impacting. What happened?
- What are some of the benefits of regular church attendance?
- What are some of the benefits of regular involvement in a small group?
- What are some of the dynamics that occur when a follower of Christ begins to attend church only infrequently?
- Discuss the metaphor of ‘refuelling’ – what are some other things you do to help when you’re feeling like you’re running on empty?
Next week, we’ll be looking at a few more practical ways to refuel, especially when it comes to our emotional world.