We live in a world where the pursuit of happiness is most people’s highest endeavour. Everyone wants to feel good, to have positive emotions, and to avoid negative ones.
Studies on the subject of happiness have found that:
- Most people have a set range of happiness that they will return to even after good or bad things happen to them.
- Most external circumstances don’t have a long-lasting impact on personal happiness – including matters such as money, marriage, health, or education.
What makes the biggest difference in an individual’s level of happiness is a number of voluntary actions that they can take … including …
- Gratitude – being thankful for the people and things in your life
- Forgiveness – learning to let go and release the hurts and regrets of the past.
- Serving – doing something for the benefit of another person
- Hope – having a future that excites you and is worth looking forward to
How is your happiness level? Are you waiting for someone or something to make you happy? It’s probably not going to happen. You are probably about as happy as you ever will be … unless you take some actions to change it.
Happiness – think about it.